The multi-drop bus (cMDB) controller is designed to be the physical link connecting a vending machine to a user account located on the server. It is ideal for any campus or business environment that allows users to pay for items, dispensed across varied types of vending machines, using their wallet and account located on the Gespage server.
- Hardware that connects vending machines to user accounts located on the Gespage server
- Authenticates and allows users to pay for dispensed items using contactless card solutions
- Works with existing onsite card solutions Ideal for when the same wallet needs to be shared across multiple vending machines
- Compatible across a wide range of vending solutions
- Sturdy robust construction
- Suitable for vending machines that feature a Multi-Drop Bus (MDB) connector
- Vending machines connect to a Gespage server over a TCP/IP network
- Compatible with Gespage 7.4.2 version or higher
- Card reader required to connect the cMDB to the Gespage server
- Supports vending machines with or without a coin mechanism
- Works with existing onsite card solutions Wallet can be shared across multiple vending machines
- Compatible across a wide range of vending solutions including print or copy machines, and washing, beverage or snack machines
How does it work?
Armed with an existing card solution, such as a student card or building access card, users swipe their cards against the contactless card reader located on the outside of a vending machine. The card reader, connected to the cMDB within the vending machine, authenticates and connects the vending machines credit function to the users account located on the Gespage server. The cMDB then sends the value of the wallet to the vending machine. The user is then able to utilise the credit available in their wallet and account to complete the transaction at the vending machine. The user can then continue to use their card across across multiple vending machine solutions such as print or copy machines, and washing, beverage or snack machines until their credit is exhausted or the account no longer distributes credit. The Gespage server provides users with the ability to service their accounts or top up credits by accessing a designated web portal.
Notes: This item usually ships 1-2 days from invoice